Friday, January 6, 2012

..Let's try this again.

Judging by the one follower of this page (who I know in real life...hello!), and the fact that I have not updated this in a little over two years, it's time for a re-re-introduction. And an explanation, I suppose.

My name is Tzvi, and because of what I can only assume is my parents' quirky Odessian sense of humor, this was the real name picked for me by my brother. I can keep going on for a bit (not about that, it's not much of a story), but it's probably not the time. I assume this is because I'm neither famous nor in the public eye yet, so there's no need for anybody to hear the triumphs, minor tragedies, and even more triumphs that life has presented me so far.

Here's the facts: I'm an awesome guy who's working on his medical degree, and is just about to grab the brass ring. Which always struck me as an odd expression, because who really wants something brass? If it were me (and I may sound a tad spoiled), I would tend to go for something gold, or platinum.

I have a tendency to ramble and a tendency to type a lot, so you think I would have had a blog before. I did. It was my Xanga, and from 2002- 2007, it served as a post for my thoughts. ALL of them. I recently had to delete it because besides my tendency to post personal information (such as my last name), I also had a habit of talking about EXACTLY what was on my mind, and I more than annoyed a few people along the way. Not to mention something something, people's privacy, etc. The story of how the Xanga was deleted is a funny one in it of itself. Don't worry, I'll tell that one.

So you may ask, where has my creative energy gone since then?

I have a Twitter, but many times I find it difficult to really express my thoughts in 140 characters. And sure, there are websites that you can use to make your Tweets longer, but then it becomes awkward, the reader has to go to another website, everybody feels cheapened. I mean, what's the point of using a micro-blogging website if I'm just going to go off on tangents and not really play by the rules? (I was terrible at children's games because of this tendency.)

I do have a Facebook and you can friend me at...okay, gotcha. I do have a Facebook, but as we all know, it is now the gateway to personal information overload, and is most likely the nihilistic future we were warned about in the novel 1984. I post my actual thoughts on the Zuckerberg Project, and next thing you know, I'm being read by my long-lost cousin, some girl I met a college party my freshman year, and my landlord's cousin's roommate.

I had a foursquare account, but I got tired of battling with other people over who was in control of the grocery store across the street that I've actually gone into once.

I have a Instagram account but it's just one picture that my fiancee (oh stories are coming about her) took. I like taking pictures but the art of taking pictures and having people follow them when they're just going to wind up on Facebook and Twitter anyhow...overkill.

I never had a Myspace account.

...You get the point.

Anyhow, for the meanwhile, I intend for this to become an extension of myself until I can figure out what to really do with this. Add a theme? You'll quickly find out that I'm a person of many interests, so I'm going to let the fates decide this one. Design? I don't want to bother with colors at the moment and get trapped in hours of deciding whether a color is red, orange, or red-orange.

Anyhow, the previously aforementioned fiancee (she has a name..it's coming) just made me some instant coffee so I'll let this sit for now. More to come, folks.

-----

"Before I speak, I have something important to say" - Groucho Marx

No comments:

Post a Comment